RE:QUESTA space for resources to help RE teachers and their students explore the Christian faith
Lat Blaylock, Editor, RE Today
We are delighted to share with you our library of resources. You can use the filter feature below to find topics most relevant to your curriculum.
The Importance of Peace
Christians believe that peace is highly important. The reasons for this are:
- It was what God planned for the world when he created it.
- Peace is central to God's character: 'For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.' 1 Corinthians 14:33
- A key belief of Christianity is to promote peace and harmony in the world.
- Jesus taught it was important and Christians try to follow his teachings. During the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, 'Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.' Matthew 6:9.
- There are teachings in the Bible that show how important peace is, for example:
'And goodness is the harvest that is produced from the seeds the peacemakers' plant in peace.' James 3:18
'Do everything possible on your part to live in peace with everybody.' Romans 12:18