RE:QUESTA space for resources to help RE teachers and their students explore the Christian faith
Lat Blaylock, Editor, RE Today
We are delighted to share with you our library of resources. You can use the filter feature below to find topics most relevant to your curriculum.
Discussion Ideas: Miracles
Read through any of the following stories with your students, before using the questions to promote discussion and deep thinking:
- This news story from the BBC contains dramatic CCTV footage of a man hit by a truck. Against the odds, he survived and finds a new appreciation of his life.
- Or read here about a US clergyman cured of a chronic back complaint after praying to 19th Century Catholic theologian Cardinal Newman.
- This news story features a former Miss Ireland who says that God healed her from cancer.
Some questions for discussion:
- What is your response to these stories? Are they miracles or is it just luck?
- Do you know any other stories that are difficult to explain?
- Have you ever had something happen to you that is unexplained? Or do you know anybody who has had a similar experience?
- What effect might stories like these have on somebody’s perspective on life or faith?
Miracles- This short film retells a famous miracle from Jesus' ministry, when he brought a young girl back to life.